Diaperkind cloth diaper service was founded in April 2009 with the mission of making cloth diapering accessible and manageable for everyone. In doing so, the three words that resonate at Diaperkind are Community, Environment and Respect. All of us at DK live right here in NYC, so we share your (arm-laden, foot-swollen, sleep-deprived) steps.Reviews & Press
- We have a Mentor Program comprised of seasoned DK families. One of whom likely lives right around the corner from you and can drop by to show you the ropes when needed.
- Our "Diaper House" has been built with you in mind. In addition to being diaper friendly, it's parent and kid friendly too! So we'd love for you to come by and share some pie (Four and Twenty Blackbirds is just up the street) while letting the kids run around and play.
- We're committed to supporting the organic cotton industry and process. And have chosen a socially (and charitably) responsible grower in Pakistan.
- We wash several sets of diapers together in high-efficiency washer/ extractors for the best water and energy efficiency.
- We label each family's diapers so that you're ensured of receiving the same ones back each and every week.
- We use a plant-derived detergent that's been DFE Certified by the EPA.
- We take our DK team very seriously by providing living wages and benefits.
- We do not use gas guzzling panel vans. Instead, we keep routes small and concentrated so that our drivers can use their own cars or trucks, thereby using minimal gas and keeping a needless van off the road.
- We donate our retired diapers via charitable organizations. (they've gone to Haiti, to flood victims, to Uganda through Village Birth International, to low-income families in the US, and to animal shelters too!)
Our FriendsTogether, we are dedicated to this venture. We believe in cloth diapers, in this service, and in the kids and families who will benefit from it. We're dedicated to doing our part for you and for our environment. And doing it properly so that we'll be around for you for a long, long time.